- A Must Have List for All Recreation Adventures
- Personal Effects
- Full Rain Gear Suite
- Bug Spray, Sun Block
- Hat for sun/rain, Spare clothing and Shoes
- Redundant eye glasses and prescribed Medications given to guide as back up
Moose Safari Adventures
Travel along logging roads and take in Mt Katahdin and Moosehead area scenic sites. Look for the largest of the deer species, The Moose. We offer land based tours for land lovers and a combination Jet Boat with Kayaks for those who want to paddle and watch. All our tours come with your own private tour guide, safety gear, snacks, refreshments, lunch and FUN.
Richard Yvon is a Registered Maine Guide, Naturalist and Conservationist. Rich will host your trip making sure you get personalized service and an “Authentic Maine Wilderness Experience”. In September and October experience a Bull Moose being called in by your guide! All Moose are seen in their natural habitat.
*Short nature walks and hikes are optional but not required on all truck based tours. Fishing in season can also be combined with boat tours at no extra charge. *Fishing licenses are not included
- Maine Highlands Truck Tours $400.00 Flat Rate – 2 people *Add up to 3 people $25.00 per person -Trip Duration: 8-10 hours
Option A : Moosehead Lake to Mt Katahdin region. (Mountains, lakes, ponds and bogs)
Option B : Katahdin Iron works to Moosehead Lake. (Mountains, Lakes, ponds, bogs and waterfalls) -Trip Duration: 8-10 hours
Option C : Joe Mary Country to Nahmakanta Lake region (Mountains, Lakes, ponds and waterfalls) -Trip Duration: 8-10 hours
(Please note* All Trips can be shortened)
- 1/2 Day Moose Truck Tours $300.00 Flat Rate – 2 people *Add up to 3 people $25.00 per person – Trip Duration: 4 hours
- Full Day Moose Truck Tours $400.00 Flat Rate – 2 people *Add up to 3 people $25.00 per person
- Jet Boat Lake Tour (fishing and swimming is included if desired) $450.00 Flat Rate – 2 people *Add up to 3 people $50.00 per person
Take a trip across a majestic Maine Lake and travel up rivers to see Moose, Loons, Eagles and many other forms of wildlife. This trip has no hiking or walking. We can accommodate a wheel chair as well! -Trip Duration: 6-8 hours
- Jet Boat with Kayaks Tour $500.00 Flat Rate – 2 people
Embark on a Maine Lake to arrive in a “Moosey Area”, continue adventure in your own Kayak. See Moose, take pictures and relax paddling in pristine waters. Guide is close by in boat or Kayak. -Trip Duration: 8-10 hours
Snow Trac Winter Wilderness Adventures
Snowmobile Tours – Snowshoe, Cross Country Ski, Tracking, Wildlife, Photography, Relaxation… Travel along back country trails in our Snow Track Machine. Our tours come with your own private tour guide, safety gear, and lunch.
- $450.00 Flat Rate – Snow Trac – 2 people with lunch, snacks, beverages.
- Cross Country Ski, Snow Shoe, Track Wildlife, Nature Adventure
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- December – April 1st
Penobscot River Adventures
Kayak and Jet Boat Tours – Wildlife, Foliage, Photography, Relaxation…
Travel along a winding river in a Kayak and or Jet Boat. See Bald Eagles, Loons and much more…
Our tours come with your own private tour guide, safety gear, and lunch…
- $400.00 Flat Rate – Jet Boat Tour – 2 people with lunch, snacks, and refreshments. *Add up to 3 people $25.00 per person
- $ 450.00 Flat Rate – 2 people Jet Boat with Kayaks * Add up to 2 people $50.00 per person with Kayaks
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- May – October 31
Explore wilderness in Maine back country. Take a guided hike with a Registered Maine Guide and explore all that Maine has to offer! Our tours come with your own private tour guide, safety gear, and lunch…
- Water Falls
- Ice Caves
- Scenic Overlooks and more…
- $400.00 Flat Rate – 4 people with meals and equipment.
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- April – November 31
Maine Waterfall Hikes ~ Check out videos below…
Remote Wilderness Camping Adventures
Travel into the back wilderness area of Maine. Primitive camp at remote destinations in the Katahdin, Moosehead and Down East Regions. Whether you’re a first-time camper or you have been pitching a tent for years, you may want to consider a guided Maine camping trip. Camping with Twin Maple Outdoors takes away the stress of trip planning, and adds fun, safety and learning to an adventure. Completely outfitted adventures include all fees, most equipment, transportation, meals and required permits. Activities during trips can include canoeing or kayaking, swimming, hiking, fishing or wildlife watching.
*Note – Sleeping Bags not included on any camping adventures
- The Appalachian Trial
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway
- Island Camping
Call Us today to book your vacation where you will enjoy Maine in a Natural, learning and Fun Environment !
- $300.00 per day – 2 people with meals and equipment 2 day min. *Add up to 2 additional people $75.00 per person (Truck Based Only)
- $400.00 per day – 2 people with meals and equipment.2 day min. * Add up to 2 additional people $75.00 per person( With Jet Boat/Kayaks)
- Duration: per day up to 7 days – discounts may apply ( Must book in advance)
- April30 – November 30
Tramway Hiking and Boating Adventure
Travel to The Historic North Maine Woods on an adventure of Water, Mountains and Trains!
The Eagle Lake & West Branch Railroad
There are not a lot of places in the world where you can be hiking through a remote wilderness and suddenly stumble upon rusting locomotives. One of the things that makes the Allagash so fascinating is the possibility of a sudden discovery of remnants from a bygone lumbering industry. For example, you could be walking through the wild forests of northern Maine and then suddenly you’re staring down the nose of two steam locomotives. http://www.maine.gov/dacf/parks/discover_history_explore_nature/history/allagash/index.shtml
- $400.00 Flat Rate – Easy walking – Eagle Lake Trip for 2 people with lunch, snacks, and refreshments. Guided Canoe Trip on Eagle Lake.
- $400.00 Flat Rate – Easy to Moderate 3 mile Hike – Chamberlain Trip *Add up to 3 people $25.00 per person. Guided Jet Boat Trip on Chamberlain Lake