- A Must-Have List for All Recreation Adventures
- Personal Effects
- Full Rain Gear Suite
- Bug Spray, Sun Block
- Hat for sun/rain, Spare clothing, and Shoes
- Redundant eyeglasses and prescribed Medications are given to guide as backup
Moose Safari Adventures
Take a personalized tour with your very own Registered Master Maine Guide. Explore Maine’s outback by water or by land!
If you are looking to see as much of the Maine frontier as possible then you have come to the right place! Our overland adventures start with a ride to the Moosehead Lake region, Maine’s largest lake. Then continue to Mt Katahdin, Maine’s tallest mountain. Learn about the local fauna, animals, and history from your naturalist, Rich Yvon. Stop in the middle of the day to have a scenic bbq lunch by a waterfall or picturesque mountain top view. All tours can be combined with as much or as little hiking or walking as preferred. Fishing and swimming can be added to any of our tours as season and weather allows.
Take a relaxing boat ride in some of Maine’s most beautiful watersheds and travel upriver flows to catch Moose eating and cooling off in the summer heat. This tour is offered in June, July, and August when Moose are most likely to be found in water. Fishing and swimming can be added to any of our tours as season and weather allows.
$600.00 per day – 2 people with lunch *Add up to 2 additional people for $50.00 per person (Truck or Boat )
Reservation and Cancellation Policy Due to the daily fluctuation in fuel prices at the time of the trip, Twin Maple Outdoors reserves the right to adjust prices at the time of the trip. If you have had a good time on your trip, it is customary to tip your guide and housekeeper. Thank You!
- Duration: 8-12 hours
- April 1 – November 30
Remote Wilderness Hiking Adventures
Maine Waterfall Hikes ~ Check out the videos below…
- Gulf Hagas ~ See Video
- Moxie Falls ~ See Video
- Angel Falls ~ See Video
- Katahdin Stream Falls ~ See Video
Remote Wilderness Camping Adventures
Travel into the back wilderness area of Maine. Primitive camp at remote destinations in the Katahdin, Moosehead, and Down East Regions. Whether you’re a first-time camper or you have been pitching a tent for years, you may want to consider a guided Maine camping trip. Camping with Twin Maple Outdoors takes away the stress of trip planning, and adds fun, safety, and learning to an adventure. Completely outfitted adventures include all fees, most equipment, transportation, meals, and required permits. Activities during trips can include canoeing or kayaking, swimming, hiking, fishing, or wildlife watching.
*Note – Sleeping Bags not included on any camping adventures
- The Appalachian Trail
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway
- Island Camping
Call Us today to book your vacation where you will enjoy Maine in a Natural, learning, and Fun Environment!
- $550.00 per day – two people with meals and equipment 2-day min. *Add up to 2 additional people for $50.00 per person
- $100 nightly camping fee per two people.
- Duration: per day up to 7 days – discounts may apply ( Must book in advance)
- April 30 – November 30
Tramway Hiking and Boating Adventure
Travel to The Historic North Maine Woods on an adventure of Water, Mountains, and Trains!
The Eagle Lake & West Branch Railroad
There are not a lot of places in the world where you can be hiking through remote wilderness and suddenly stumble upon rusting locomotives. One of the things that make the Allagash so fascinating is the possibility of a sudden discovery of remnants from a bygone lumbering industry. For example, you could be walking through the wild forests of northern Maine, and then suddenly you’re staring down the nose of two steam locomotives. http://www.maine.gov/dacf/parks/discover_history_explore_nature/history/allagash/index.shtml
- $550.00 Flat Rate – Easy walking – Eagle Lake Trip for 2 people with lunch, snacks, and refreshments. Guided Canoe Trip on Eagle Lake.
- $550.00 Flat Rate – Easy to Moderate 3 mile Hike – Chamberlain Trip *Add up to 3 people $50.00 per person. Guided Jet Boat Trip on Chamberlain Lake
- Reservation and Cancellation Policy Due to the daily fluctuation in fuel prices at the time of the trip, Twin Maple Outdoors reserves the right to adjust prices at the time of the trip. If you have had a good time on your trip, it is customary to tip your guide and housekeeper. Thank You!